Recipe by Expat in Holland
The original recipe I followed was an Emeril's recipe. I have tweaked the recipe to my husband and my taste, so now it is a little different than the original recipe. It is so simple, easy yet has a robust of flavors. It always pleases! All guest I have served this recipe to have loved it.
- 1 lb linguine, pasta- preferable dececco brand
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 shallots, peeled thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, -shredded
- garnish with extra chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown, 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the wine, salt, red pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, pancetta and shrimp. Bring mixture to a boil and cook about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Shrimp should become pink and cooked through. DO NOT OVER COOK.
- Add the parsley and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with shrimp mixture. Toss well to combine.
- Add parmesan and toss well to thoroughly combine. Let set for 3 minutes until pasta absorbs all the liquid.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.