Expat in Holland's Note:
The original recipe I followed was an Emeril's recipe. I have tweaked the recipe to my husband and my taste, so now it is a little different than the original recipe. It is so simple, easy yet has a robust of flavors. It always pleases! All guest I have served this recipe to have loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine, pasta- preferable dececco brand
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 shallots, peeled thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, -shredded
- garnish with extra chopped parsley
- 1In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown, 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- 4In same skillet add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 5Add the wine, salt, red pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, pancetta and shrimp. Bring mixture to a boil and cook about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Shrimp should become pink and cooked through. DO NOT OVER COOK.
- 6Add the parsley and stir to combine.
- 7In a large bowl, combine pasta with shrimp mixture. Toss well to combine.
- 8Add parmesan and toss well to thoroughly combine. Let set for 3 minutes until pasta absorbs all the liquid.
- 9Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Shrimp and Pancetta
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 845.3
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 275.7 mg
- Sodium 841.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 57.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: