Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorite pasta sauces. With its creamy garlicky flavor it tastes like it came from a restaurant. The combination of the shrimp and clams is highlighted by the herb cheese, which I think of as my secret ingredient.
- *Note:If you don't want to use shrimp in their shells it can be cooked even faster, although the shells add a nice rich shrimp taste to the sauce.
- Bring the wine to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shells are pink all over, about 4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and reserve liquid.
- Shell and devein the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the reserved clam juice, plus 1 cup additional clam juice to the reserved wine.
- Boil over high heat for 5 minutes to reduce by one half.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan and add the flour.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened.
- Whisk in the cheese.
- Serve over cooked linguine noodles.
- If the sauce is too thick, add more clam juice.
- Fold in the shrimp and clams and heat through.
- Serve over hot fettuccine or linguine with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.