Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This is one of my favorite pasta sauces. With its creamy garlicky flavor it tastes like it came from a restaurant. The combination of the shrimp and clams is highlighted by the herb cheese, which I think of as my secret ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*Note:If you don't want to use shrimp in their shells it can be cooked even faster, although the shells add a nice rich shrimp taste to the sauce.
- 2Bring the wine to a boil in a large pot.
- 3Add the shrimp and cook until the shells are pink all over, about 4 minutes.
- 4Remove shrimp and reserve liquid.
- 5Shell and devein the shrimp and set aside.
- 6Add the reserved clam juice, plus 1 cup additional clam juice to the reserved wine.
- 7Boil over high heat for 5 minutes to reduce by one half.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Melt the butter in a saute pan and add the flour.
- 10Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened.
- 11Whisk in the cheese.
- 12Serve over cooked linguine noodles.
- 13If the sauce is too thick, add more clam juice.
- 14Fold in the shrimp and clams and heat through.
- 15Serve over hot fettuccine or linguine with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Shrimp and Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 838.8
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.1 mg
- Sodium 441.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 50.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic & herb spreadable cheese