Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite pasta sauces. With its creamy garlicky flavor it tastes like it came from a restaurant. The combination of the shrimp and clams is highlighted by the herb cheese, which I think of as my secret ingredient.
- *Note:If you don't want to use shrimp in their shells it can be cooked even faster, although the shells add a nice rich shrimp taste to the sauce.
- Bring the wine to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shells are pink all over, about 4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and reserve liquid.
- Shell and devein the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the reserved clam juice, plus 1 cup additional clam juice to the reserved wine.
- Boil over high heat for 5 minutes to reduce by one half.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan and add the flour.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened.
- Whisk in the cheese.
- Serve over cooked linguine noodles.
- If the sauce is too thick, add more clam juice.
- Fold in the shrimp and clams and heat through.
- Serve over hot fettuccine or linguine with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.