Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy and colorful seafood and mushroom medley. A salad and a nice bottle of wine will help make this meal complete! ;)
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (all kinds, we used only white & cremini)
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup good dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb sea scallops
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped flat leaf parsley
- grated fresh parmesan cheese, and some for the table
- Cook linguine as directed on package.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and seafood seasoning: saute 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned.
- Add bell pepper & scallions; cook and stir 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in wine and shrimp; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes.
- Add scallops & crushed red pepper flakes, if using: cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque.
- Serve over linguine.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.