1/3 Photos of Linguine With Scallops and Shrimp in Thai Green Curry Sauce
A delicious Thai dish from Gourmet, December 2000. The sauce is a little thin so I like to thicken the sauce at the end of preparation with a cornstarch/water mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 36.97 ml vegetable oil
- 1 hot red chili pepper, thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- 453.59 g sea scallops
- 340.19 g large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 396.89 g unsweetened coconut milk
- 14.79 ml green curry paste, Thai
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 22.18 ml fish sauce, Asian
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 340.19 g linguine
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté chile and white parts of scallions, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- 2Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- 3Pat scallops and shrimp dry separately and season with salt.
- 4Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallops until browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side (scallops will be almost cooked through).
- 5Transfer scallops to a bowl with slotted spoon and sauté shrimp in same skillet, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add shrimp to scallops.
- 7Add coconut milk, curry paste, broth, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice to skillet, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, cook linguine in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander.
- 9Stir scallops and shrimp with any liquid in bowl into sauce in skillet and heat to boiling.
- 10Reduce heat and simmer until scallops and shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- 11Transfer seafood to a clean bowl with slotted spoon and add linguine and cilantro to sauce in skillet, tossing to coat.
- 12Divide pasta and sauce among 4 bowls.
- 13Top with seafood and sprinkle with scallion greens and chile mixture.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Scallops and Shrimp in Thai Green Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.1
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 134.7 mg
- Sodium 1527.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 39.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste