Recipe by lazyme
A delicious Thai dish from Gourmet, December 2000. The sauce is a little thin so I like to thicken the sauce at the end of preparation with a cornstarch/water mixture.
Top Review by rosslare
Delicious! I skipped the broth and used more fish sauce, we like it that way more authentic. There are different kind of green curry pastes and I had the kind that took 4 tablespoons to get the flavour right. I did skip the red chile also.
- 36.97 ml vegetable oil
- 1 hot red chili pepper, thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- 453.59 g sea scallops
- 340.19 g large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 396.89 g unsweetened coconut milk
- 14.79 ml green curry paste, Thai
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 22.18 ml fish sauce, Asian
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 340.19 g linguine
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté chile and white parts of scallions, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Pat scallops and shrimp dry separately and season with salt.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallops until browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side (scallops will be almost cooked through).
- Transfer scallops to a bowl with slotted spoon and sauté shrimp in same skillet, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp to scallops.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, broth, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice to skillet, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander.
- Stir scallops and shrimp with any liquid in bowl into sauce in skillet and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer until scallops and shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer seafood to a clean bowl with slotted spoon and add linguine and cilantro to sauce in skillet, tossing to coat.
- Divide pasta and sauce among 4 bowls.
- Top with seafood and sprinkle with scallion greens and chile mixture.