Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, easy, tasty and not too bad on the calories. For super appetites serves two Serve with green salad
- 6 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 lb sea scallops
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups seeded roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine (chablis)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook linguine ala dente (use no salt or oil), drain and set aside keep warm Cut scallops in half, across, set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray veggie oil and over medium-high heat cook onions& garlic for about 2 minutes, remove from skillett and set aside Add scallops salt& pepper to skiller and saute for 2 minutes only, do not over cook scallops or they will be tough, remove from pan, place with the onions.
- Add tomatoes, white wine,basil& olives to the pan cook 2 minutes.
- Return onion,& scallops cook 1 minute.
- Combine pasta& scallop mixture Toss well& heat through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, Serve.
Let me first say that I absolutely love sea scallops and therefore try lots of different ways to prepare them. This is one of THE BEST recipes yet! I had to omit the olives (hubby doesnt like olives) and I used a semi-dry white wine that I keep onhand. I also cooked the onions and garlic til very tender (my own preference) We both loved it Bergy.. and my husband asked me to give it a great review.. (like I wasn't planning to do so already lol) very nice!! Thankyou
very good. easy to make. no changes, but did not have the wine. still very good. made a salmon with sauce dish to go with it that i got from a recipe here. thanks again, bergy.