Recipe by Bergy
Quick, easy, tasty and not too bad on the calories. For super appetites serves two Serve with green salad
Top Review by FoodFromSicily
Let me first say that I absolutely love sea scallops and therefore try lots of different ways to prepare them. This is one of THE BEST recipes yet! I had to omit the olives (hubby doesnt like olives) and I used a semi-dry white wine that I keep onhand. I also cooked the onions and garlic til very tender (my own preference) We both loved it Bergy.. and my husband asked me to give it a great review.. (like I wasn't planning to do so already lol) very nice!! Thankyou
- 6 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 lb sea scallops
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups seeded roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine (chablis)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine ala dente (use no salt or oil), drain and set aside keep warm Cut scallops in half, across, set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray veggie oil and over medium-high heat cook onions& garlic for about 2 minutes, remove from skillett and set aside Add scallops salt& pepper to skiller and saute for 2 minutes only, do not over cook scallops or they will be tough, remove from pan, place with the onions.
- Add tomatoes, white wine,basil& olives to the pan cook 2 minutes.
- Return onion,& scallops cook 1 minute.
- Combine pasta& scallop mixture Toss well& heat through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, Serve.