From Bon Appetit, March 2000.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute sausage in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and cooked through, breaking up large pieces with fork, about 12 minutes.
- 2Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to plate.
- 3Add mushrooms and crushed red pepper to drippings in skillet.
- 4Cover and cook until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- 5Add 3/4 cup broth and cream to skillet and set aside.
- 6Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- 7Drain pasta; return to same pot.
- 8Add sausage, mushroom mixture and cheese.
- 9Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta thickly, adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry, about 3 minutes.
- 10Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Sausage, Mushroom, and Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1101.3
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.8 mg
- Sodium 1793.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 50.6 g