Recipe by sugarpea
An excellent pasta dish which allows substitution of any type of sausage and any type of greens. If you decide on a mild sausage, add 1/4 tsp chili flakes.
Top Review by Spencer #2
This was a delicious way to use Kale, the new Superfood. I used spicy Italian sausage since my local grocery store does not carry Anduille. I wonder about the photo of the recipe on food.com- mine looked nothing like that. Honestly the picture does not look appetizing- maybe it is a photo of another recipe?
- 8 ounces dried linguine
- 8 ounces andouille turkey sausage, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces red bell peppers, cut into 1/4 x 2 inch slivers
- 6 ounces onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces kale, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil linguine in salted water to desired doneness, 8-11 minutes; saute sausages in olive oil, over high heat, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; saute, stirring, 2-3 minutes until onion begins to brown; add kale and stir until wilted, 1-2 minutes; add broth and stir until boiling.
- Drain pasta and return to pan; add sausage mixture, cheese, salt and pepper; toss to combine and serve.