Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love seafood and wanted to make something different from the standard linguine with clams, shrimp, salmon, or tuna. I was out of clams and shrimp, and knew I had cans of salmon and tuna. So, I searched the Internet for Linguine with Salmon and Tuna. I could not find anything (if someone out there has...please, let me know). Note: I'm not a fast cook in preparation...so, the time is an estimate.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pink salmon (reserve juice)
- 1 (12 ounce) canalbacore light tuna (discard juice)
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 small red potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped (hold)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon course black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup organic spinach leaves (chopped)
- with shredded carrot (hold)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (16 ounce) box linguine (I prefer Barilla)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- Drain salmon (remove skin and bones) and tuna. Mix together in a 2 quart bowl and hold.
- Peel, wash and cube red potatoes. Boil in a 2 quart pot for 15 minutes or until tender and hold. Do not over cook; you don't want them too soft.
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium heat. Added chopped onion, garlic, kosher salt, course black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, basil, thyme, and oregano; sauté 3 minutes. Add white wine vinegar and continue to sauté for 3 more minutes. Add salmon and tuna, stir thoroughly for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 3 minutes (frequently stirring), covered. Add cream of mushroom soup, milk, green onions, spinach and carrots and thoroughly stir. Increase heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, covered. Stir in salmon juice for additional flavor. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 25 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- While the salmon and tuna cook, put 6 cups of water in a 6-quart pot with the butter and table salt; bring to a boil. Add the linguine and boil for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve the salmon and tuna sauce over the linguine.
- You can serve a salad and/or garlic toast with it.