Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Add cooked peas and carrots or asparagus to make a complete meal.
Make and share this Linguine With Salmon and Chives recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g cooked small shell pasta, hot
- 19.71 ml margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 78.07 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml Tabasco sauce
- 2 (425.24 g) can pink salmon (Do not drain)
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 9.85 ml fresh tarragon (optional)
- 9.85 ml poppy seeds (optional)
- In saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat; add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Add milk and cook, whisking, until mixture comes to boil thickens and loses any raw-flour taste.
- Stir in chives and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup of reserved cooking liquid.
- Flake salmon and add along with juices and chive mixture to pot with linguine; mix lightly. (If too thick add remaining reserved cooking liquid.).
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each serving.
This was very flavorful and really good! I used mini penne to make this. I think I woul like to try it with grilled salmon rather than the canned, but this is good with the canned as well. Made for Think Pink 2012.