Recipe by Shahana
Add cooked peas and carrots or asparagus to make a complete meal.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was very flavorful and really good! I used mini penne to make this. I think I woul like to try it with grilled salmon rather than the canned, but this is good with the canned as well. Made for Think Pink 2012.
- 200 g cooked small shell pasta, hot
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans pink salmon (Do not drain)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon (optional)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat; add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Add milk and cook, whisking, until mixture comes to boil thickens and loses any raw-flour taste.
- Stir in chives and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup of reserved cooking liquid.
- Flake salmon and add along with juices and chive mixture to pot with linguine; mix lightly. (If too thick add remaining reserved cooking liquid.).
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each serving.