Recipe by Alvin Towriss
If you like pasta you will LOVE this
Top Review by Merlot
Alvin, this is a GREAT pasta dish! The combination of the cheese, tomatoes, basil and wine (I used a Chardonnay) made a perfect sauce for the linguine!! The only thing I did different was use 2 cloves of garlic instead of one. Thank you so much for sharing this. :-)
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (113 g) package rondele cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linquine until al dente, approx 10 mins, and cool.
- In a saute pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, white wine and basil.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rondele cheese.
- When the cheese has melted add the linguine.
- Let it heat through until the linguine is hot.