Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Light but rich in flavor! I use Divina brand roasted tomatoes packed in oil that I drain and puree in my food processor. Measurement for roasted tomatoes is 2/3 cup AFTER pureeing!
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams
- 2⁄3 cup roasted tomato, pureed into a paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic until lightly browned. Add wine, tomatoes, clams and their liquid. Bring to a simmer.
- Add basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper and capers. Stir in roasted tomato puree.
- Cook at a simmer until flavors blend and sauce is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Toss with hot pasta and serve with fresh parmesan, if desired.