Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful way to use leftover roasted salmon! Serve roasted salmon in the beginning of the week, making enough to have leftovers. Then a few days later, serve this delicious meal! Adapted from Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller,Method's of Heat.
- 1 lb linguine, dried (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or vermouth)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked salmon (broken up into chunky pieces)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- Cook linguine according to the package directions.
- While linguine is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, or until soft. Add the thyme and cook about 1 minute, until fragrant. Add wine (or vermouth) and cook 1 minute. Add the chicken or vegetable broth, olives, lemon juice, capers, and lemon zest and bring to a nice simmer, for about 5 minutes.
- When the linguine is cooked, drain and add to pan with the olive-caper mixture. Add the salmon and toss to mix well.
- Cook 1 minute just to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in basil. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Delicious, as always, hon! Thoroughly enjoyed this! Loved the extra special flavor from the capers! This will be enjoyed often! Made for KcK's Forum.
What a great combination of flavors. My husband gave it 5 stars and a thumbs up. Can't get any better then that. Made for Think Pink "09. :)
This is full of wonderful strong flavors. It really works your taste buds. We enjoyed it as posted with no changes except cutting the recipe in half. This is really quick and easy to prepare.I would not hesitate to serve this to company. Thanks for posting. :)