Classic Italian with a new world twist (look who swallowed the dictionary!) This gives you two of your five a day. herb salt is commonly known as trocomare here. It is a mix of herbs and spices to replace salt and is commonly found in health stores.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g diced pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon herb-seasoned salt
- 300 g linguine
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into strips
- 175 g asparagus, blanched and sliced
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
Avocado pesto (use 4 tablespoons)
- 1For pesto:.
- 2Put pine nuts, basil, lemon and garlic in a food processor and mix. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Season if desired.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 4Put pumpkin on a paper lined tray and sprinkle with herb salt. Bake for 25 minutes.
- 5Cook the linguine until al dente and place in a bowl with the pepper, spinach and asparagus.
- 6Cook the mushrooms in the lemon juice, vinegar and herb salt until just tender.
- 7Add this and the pumpkin to the linguine mix.
- 8Stir through pesto and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Roasted Pumpkin and Avocado Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar