Recipe by pesce_gurl
I love pasta so this is one of my favorites. The recipe calls for shrimp and scallops but I usually throw whatever seafood I have on hand into the mix. It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups canned meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops or 3⁄4 lb bay scallop, quartered
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy saucepot or Dutch oven heat oil; cook onion and garlic 5 minutes or until golden. Add wine; simmer until reduced by half.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, parsley, bay leaf, basil, Tabasco sauce and salt. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops. Cover; simmer 4-5 minutes or until seafood is done. Server over linguine.