Recipe by Nif
My favorite pasta dish is Linguine Alle Vongole or linguine with clam sauce. This quick version uses tomato pesto which adds a really nice flavor to the dish. If you can’t get tomato pesto, you can use basil pesto. Big fan of clams? Use 2 cans but only liquid from 1 can. The trick to this recipe is to make the sauce while the linguine cooks so that it’s all ready at the same time. Buon Appetito!
- 340.19 g linguine
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 283.49 g can baby clams, with liquid
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 7.39 ml white wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml red pesto sauce
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated (to garnish)
- fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine in a large pot of salted water. Boil for 1 minute less than the instructions on the box say to cook it for. Strain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent. Do not brown them.
- Strain the liquid from the clams and add liquid to pan. Set clams aside. Add the white wine and white wine vinegar and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes. Lower heat slightly. Add clams, pesto, oregano and nutmeg to wine mixture and heat through. Stir until combined and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add warm pasta and parsley, heat through and toss to combine. Garnish with parmesan and parsley and serve immediately!