Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick, easy to make and simply delicious!
- 3 medium sized red peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big onion, cutted into thin slices
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper, cutted thinly (fresh, dry or ground)
- 1⁄2 cup cream (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, cutted (or dry oregano to taste)
- 500 g linguine (spinach pasta is a good option!) or 500 g spaghetti (spinach pasta is a good option!)
- Cut the red peppers in half, cut off the nerves (membranes) and take out the seeds. Put the red peppers (with the cutted side down)on a roasting pan in the oven and grill for about 8 minutes, until the skin singes and looks like it´s burned. Take them out of the oven, let them cool covered with a moist towel, then peel them and cut them in thin slices. Heat the olive oil in a casserole and cook the onion at low heat for about 8 minutes, until the onion is soft. Throw in the red peppers, the garlic, the chili and the cream, let cook for about 2 minutes, stirring from time to time. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add the oregano. While the sauce is cooking, cook the linguines in a big casserole with boiling water until the linguines are "al dente". Drain well, then return the linguines to the casserole. Add the sauce over the hot pasta and mix. Serve the linguines on warm soup plates.
- **You can use dried oregano if you dont have fresh, but in smaller quantities. You can adjust the hotness to your likeness (use as much chili as you want). If you want a sauce with a stronger pepper taste, don´t use the 1/2 cup of cream.**.