Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fabulous red pepper sauce made with fresh basil and fresh red bell peppers. This pureed sauce will amaze you with its simplicity and flavor.
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces linguine, uncooked
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium heat until hot. Add sweet red pepper and garlic; cook, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside, and cool slightly.
- Place pepper mixture in container of an electric blender or food processor; add chopped basil and next 3 ingredients. Cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- To serve, top pasta with pepper sauce. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
I love red bell peppers and this was just delicious. I skipped the linguine as DH only likes angel hair thick pasta unless it is ravioli. I topped red bell pepper stuffed ravioli with this amazing sauce and it was perfect. Made for Ramadan tag.
Wonderful recipe with vibrant, fresh flavours! BF never awards 5 stars but this recipe got 5 stars from him! I don't usually like balsamic vinegar but in this recipe it was the perfect amount to blend with the other flavours. It's worth cooking the peppers for the full 30 minutes although I probably added a little extra olive oil to keep it moist! Lovely recipe going into my "tried and loved" folder!
Good stuff! Healthy, easy to make, and great flavor. I may add another garlic clove next time but nothing else was needed. Loved it - thanks for sharing the recipe!