Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From 365 Ways to Cook Pasta
Make and share this Linguine With Red Clam Sauce and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, with juices
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canchopped clams
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or other herbs to taste)
- 1 lb linguine
- Saute the bacon in a medium skillet until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Spoon off most of the bacon fat.
- Add the olive oil; saute the onion over low heat until very tender and golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and clams. Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, stirring to break up the tomatoes, until slightly reduced and sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and parsley.
- Serve over cooked linguine.
WOW!!!!! This was not only one of the easiest pasta dishes ever, but it was also one of the most delicious ever! My clams came in a different size than what was called for, so I ended up using two 6 1/2 oz. cans. I drained one and used the clam juice from the other. I also added 1/2 tsp. of Penzey's Pizza Seasoning(it has a great blast of fennel flavor and fennel and clams are great together!!!!) mer@, thank you so much for posting this terrific recipe. It's already been put in our family favorites file and we'll be enjoying it for a long, long time!