Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Pasta
Make and share this Linguine With Red Clam Sauce and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, with juices
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) canchopped clams
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or other herbs to taste)
- 1 lb linguine
- Saute the bacon in a medium skillet until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Spoon off most of the bacon fat.
- Add the olive oil; saute the onion over low heat until very tender and golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and clams. Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, stirring to break up the tomatoes, until slightly reduced and sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and parsley.
- Serve over cooked linguine.
WOW!!!!! This was not only one of the easiest pasta dishes ever, but it was also one of the most delicious ever! My clams came in a different size than what was called for, so I ended up using two 6 1/2 oz. cans. I drained one and used the clam juice from the other. I also added 1/2 tsp. of Penzey's Pizza Seasoning(it has a great blast of fennel flavor and fennel and clams are great together!!!!) mer@, thank you so much for posting this terrific recipe. It's already been put in our family favorites file and we'll be enjoying it for a long, long time!