From 365 Ways to Cook Pasta
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, with juices
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chopped clams
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or other herbs to taste)
- 1 lb linguine
- 1Saute the bacon in a medium skillet until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Spoon off most of the bacon fat.
- 2Add the olive oil; saute the onion over low heat until very tender and golden, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic; saute 1 minute.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes and clams. Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, stirring to break up the tomatoes, until slightly reduced and sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and parsley.
- 6Serve over cooked linguine.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Red Clam Sauce and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 21.3 g