Adopted from Cooking for Comfort Book. This is very nice with a fresh salad and a glass of wine. If you want more clams and less pasta reduced the amount of pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 48 littleneck clams
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb fresh linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1Scrub the clams.
- 2Bring the water and 1/2 cup of wine, 1 tsp dried oregano and the 3 sprigs of parsley to a boil.
- 3Add the clams, cover and cook till clams open, it takes 2-3 minutes.Remove the clams as they open. Throw away any that don't open. When they have all opened take the pot off the heat. Pour the liquid through a strainer. remove the clams from the shells, cut in half and set aside with the liquid. Throw away the shells.
- 4Prepare the linguini according to package directions.
- 5Clean the pot that the clams were cooked in and dry it.
- 6Heat oil and sauté the garlic until it starts to brown, takes about 30 seconds.
- 7Add the tomatoes, chopped basil, remaining parsley, fresh oregano and the remaining wine and hot pepper flakes.
- 8Bring to boil, cook a few minutes till tomatoes soften.
- 9Add the clams with the reserved liquid and cook for 2 minutes, until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Add cooked linguini to the pan, stir to coat and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Red Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.8
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 142.0 mg
- Sodium 418.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 36.5 g