Recipe by Elena Bedner
A quick weeknight dinner. You can also add red pepper flakes for a little zing.
Top Review by Sunflower
I made this for my "Get ready Honey, I'm gonna knock your socks off" romantic dinner. It definintely delivered. The red clam sauce was very well seasoned. We both loved the flavor of the oregano and basil. I served this with homemade bread and salad. Wow, we were both impressed. Thanks.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, or 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces minced clams, with liquid
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook till garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, oregano, basil, tomatoes, and salt to pan, mixing well.
- Add undrained clams.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain.
- Add lemon juice to sauce, cook for 1 minute.
- Put pasta in platter and toss with sauce.