A quick weeknight dinner. You can also add red pepper flakes for a little zing.
Make and share this Linguine with Red Clam Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, or 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces minced clams, with liquid
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook till garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, oregano, basil, tomatoes, and salt to pan, mixing well.
- Add undrained clams.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain.
- Add lemon juice to sauce, cook for 1 minute.
- Put pasta in platter and toss with sauce.