Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick weeknight dinner. You can also add red pepper flakes for a little zing.
Make and share this Linguine with Red Clam Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, or 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces minced clams, with liquid
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook till garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, oregano, basil, tomatoes, and salt to pan, mixing well.
- Add undrained clams.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain.
- Add lemon juice to sauce, cook for 1 minute.
- Put pasta in platter and toss with sauce.
I made this for my "Get ready Honey, I'm gonna knock your socks off" romantic dinner. It definintely delivered. The red clam sauce was very well seasoned. We both loved the flavor of the oregano and basil. I served this with homemade bread and salad. Wow, we were both impressed. Thanks.
Elaine Cape Cod LOVED this recipe. I took some of the advice in the comments and added a bit of tomato paste to thicken the sauce, some good red wine and a 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes - I topped the sauce off with a sprinkle of grated parm cheese when I served this dish. Absolutely delicious!! Thank you!!
This was tasty, I only had crushed tomatoes and only one small can of clams but it turned out fantastic anyway. See photo 1.