I LOVE linguine with white clam sauce but there is also a place in my heart for clams with red sauce. Of course, this is better if you can use fresh shucked clams and fresh juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces linguine
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced garlic (yes, that is correct)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup clam juice (fresh if you can get it)
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely minced clams (fresh shucked, if possible)
- 4 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1Put the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water; cook until pasta is al dente (8-9 minutes).
- 2While the pasta is cooking, add 4 tablespoons olive oil to a wide saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 3Add in the garlic and stir/saute for about 3 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown.
- 4Immediately start adding tomatoes by crushing each one in your hands over the saucepan (do not use the tomato liquid left in the can).
- 5When all the tomatoes are added, stir in the tomato paste; blend well.
- 6Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 7When the pasta is read, drain into a colander.
- 8Pour clam juice into the tomato mixture over high heat.
- 9Add in the basil.
- 10Place the empty pasta cooking pot over med-high heat and add in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 11Add in the clams; cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
- 12Return the pasta to the pasta pot, stirring to mix in the clams for about 30 seconds.
- 13Add in the tomato clam mixture to the paste, stirring well to mix.
- 14Cook for 1 minute; adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- 15Divide mixture between 4 wide, shallow bowls.
- 16Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley over each bowl and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Red Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.1
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 424.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 28.9 g