Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 16 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a delicious meatless pasta dish. I was very pleasantly surprised when I tasted this for the first time. It was much better than I thought it would be!
- 8 ounces dreamfields low-carb linguine or 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, presliced
- 1⁄2 cup medium Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces shredded low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta using package directions; drain. Rinse with cool water; drain again. Cover to keep warm.
- Chop onion coarsely. Mince garlic. Drain and rinse black beans.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and mix well. Sauté until onion is tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, black beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano and mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes; remove cover. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring frequently, until of the desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Place hot cooked pasta on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Colby Jack. Top with cilantro (optional) serve with garlic bread on the side.