Mrs. Doeinck's Note:
This is a delicious meatless pasta dish. I was very pleasantly surprised when I tasted this for the first time. It was much better than I thought it would be!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dreamfields low-carb linguine or 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, presliced
- 1/2 cup medium Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces shredded low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Cook pasta using package directions; drain. Rinse with cool water; drain again. Cover to keep warm.
- 2Chop onion coarsely. Mince garlic. Drain and rinse black beans.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and mix well. Sauté until onion is tender (about 3 minutes).
- 4Add undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, black beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano and mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- 5Simmer the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes; remove cover. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring frequently, until of the desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- 6Place hot cooked pasta on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Colby Jack. Top with cilantro (optional) serve with garlic bread on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Picante Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 711.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese