Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great served with french bread and dipping sauce. Easy and fast to put on the table without fuss. Great family dish
- 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh linguine
- 1 (7 ounce) packagerefrigerated basil pesto
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add zucchini and onion; cook until zucchini is almost tender.
- Add garlic and tomatoes; reduce heat to low.
- Cook until juices evaporate.
- Add pesto to hot pasta; toss to coat.
- Add zucchini mixture; stir to combine.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Top with basil and cheese.
Nice combo to use with the surplus zucchini.