Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box linguine
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk milk gradually into flour mixture until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Add cheese, and whisk until smooth.
- Cook linguine in boiling water according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Add sauce to hot linguine, and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.