Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cream sauce is comforting on a cold winter's night. Leftover pancetta will last several days in the fridge, or wrap and freeze it for the next time you make pasta. This recipe is from Heather Trim at Food and Drink.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pancetta or 1⁄4 cup chopped bacon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallots or 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup alfredo sauce (either home made or store bought)
- 225 g linguine or 225 g fettuccine
- 1 cup chopped arugula or 1 cup chopped spinach
- generous grinding salt & pepper
- freshly ground parmesan cheese
- Bring a pasta pot full of salted water to a boil. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pancetta and stir until fairly crisp, 2 to 5 minutes. Add shallots; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine, boil until 2 tbsp remain.
- Add pasta to water and cook according to package directions. Add sauce to pancetta mixture and stir until hot.
- Add arugula to heated sauce just before pasta is cooked. Drain pasta, add to sauce and toss with black pepper and salt if needed. Serve with Parmesan Cheese.
Delish! I sure wish that I had made more! Loved the flavors of the shallots and pancetta in this. Thanks Leslie for a great new keeper that I look forward to making again. Made for ZWT7 for the Emerald City Shakers.
Fabulously Filling! So much so that you will want seconds but are so satisfied that is enough. But you will dream of the leftovers! I used 1/2 pancetta and double the amount of 1 cup diced sweet onion. Added 2 cloves of minced garlic. Along with 2 cups of Garlic Alfredo Sauce Microwaved--------. Used vermouth to deglaze in place of the white wine. 2 cups Arugula was also my choice because it is so abounded in my garden. Making this with 16 ounces of fettuccine. So good! Thanks Leslie for the good eats!