Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sometimes I enjoy my pasta with a heaping mound of sauce and other times I'm in the mood for something a little lighter and simpler. This recipe is just the ticket for that. Loads of flavor and not a lot of fuss. This dish is quick and easy and would work well as a side for a heavier dish. Goes great with a glass of riesling.... or two. Enjoy!
- 2 (9 ounce) packages linguine (or fettuccine)
- 4 -5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (plus additional for serving)
- salt and pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain but DO NOT rinse.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent and tender (about 10 min). Stir in the parsley, basil, thyme, and oregano.
- Turn the pasta into a large serving bowl and add the onion/herb mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the rest of the olive oil generously over the entire dish and toss with the parmesan cheese until all is well combined.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy dish. I had to use dried herbs except for the basil and the flavors all complemented each other nicely. Thanks Hanny for a nice side dish. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.