Recipe by lazyme
A nice side dish especially with chicken. The rosemary smells wonderful while this is cooking. I found it difficult to find the Bel Paese cheese in an ordinary grocery store. I cornered the 'cheese lady' and found a supposed substitute - Port Salut. I can't tell you much more - the description of the cheese is all in French and I only took Spanish! This says that it is 2 servings, however we felt that this makes more than that as a side dish.
Top Review by Suzanne S.
This was very rich and full of flavor. I originally wanted to use this as a side dish with some chicken, but it is quite filling as a stand alone dish. I will keep this one in my rotation, thank you!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces linguine
- 2 ounces bel paese cheese, cut into small cubes
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary and generous amount of pepper. Cook until mushrooms exude their juices, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water. Drain well. Add pasta and cheese to sauce and stir until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.