1/3 Photos of Linguine With Marinara Sauce and Meatballs
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
When we're in the mood for good home made spaghetti (we prefer linguine) and meatballs, I make a simple sauce and cook the meatballs in it for a long time. Just before serving we add fresh herbs and top it with Parmesan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1Mix first nine ingredients by hand using a light touch.
- 2Shape into 1 1/2" meatballs.
- 3Brown slowly in a small amount of olive oil in a Dutch oven.
- 4Turn carefully to brown all sides.
- 5Meanwhile make sauce.
- 6Mix tomato paste, tomato sauce and water.
- 7When last side of meatballs are nearly brown, add tomato sauce mix to the pan.
- 8Add garlic, carrot, salt, pepper and wine.
- 9Stir, being careful not to break up meatballs, cover and simmer for at least an hour.
- 10Add fresh chopped basil and oregano to taste during the last ten minutes.
- 11Serve over linguini with Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Marinara Sauce and Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 1363.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 28.7 g