Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is easy and tasty! It makes a lot, so you’ll have leftovers. It is kind of creamy. Add lime zest if you’d like.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more)
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 lb linguine
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minute
- Stir in the flour and gradually add the soymilk, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Cook for 2 min longer over very low heat. Add the tomato, garlic, limejuice, ginger, and pepper flakes, and stir until well combined.
- Add the cilantro, and continue cooking and stirring over low heat, for 3 to 5 minute
- Meanwhile, cook the linguini in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Drain the pasta and place in a serving bowl, add the sauce and toss. Serve immediately.