Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light, fresh supper meal - choose lemons that are firm, heavy and fragrant to ensure that they're juicy.
- 7 ounces linguine
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the linguine according to pack instructions.
- Mix together the lemon zest, juice, olive oil, garlic, parmesan and parsley in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Scatter over extra parsley or parmesan, if you like.
I too have made this several times! I took the advice of the reviewers and added extra garlic. This is great as a side dish as well as a stand alone meal. I have also made lemon chicken with steamed spinach and added both to this pasta dish and it is just delicious.
Excellent!!!! So simple to make and just has a wonderful flavor. I used 4 garlic cloves (we love garlic) and added a sprinkle of crushed red peppers to suit our taste and whole wheat spaghetti which is what I had, but the recipe alone with no changes is just wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll be making this again. Went into my 2009 favorites.
I have to say that tho I printed this recipe ( I thought it sounded very 'interesting') it was on the kitchen counter for several days, as it is just so 'different' sounding and I was not sure my DH would like it. I prepared it last night and we both liked it very much. It is so easy and fast that I know it will join the favorites in this household! Thank you so much for posting, English Rose.