Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe can help you cut back on fats and still feel like your indulging
Make and share this Linguine With Grilled Shrimp and Black Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 12 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 vine ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup brine packed black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- Cook linquine as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, thread shrimp onto skewars and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill over a medium hot fire until just opaque throughout, about 3 to 4 minutes per side (or use your broiler).
- Remove from skewers and cut each shrimp into 3 pieces; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add garlic.
- Cook just until garlic begins to brown and add tomatoes, black olives, and shrimp.
- Mix in basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked linquine and top with cheese.
This was a great, easy dinner that was ready in 15 minutes. I simplified, since it is 18 degrees here, by just adding uncooked shrimp into the tomato sauce just before done. I also added about 1/4 cup pasta water to thicken the tomato sauce. Unfortunately, basil is not listed in the ingredient list. I used dried but would have preferred fresh. I was a little heavy handed with the cheese; I tossed some in and topped with additional. Loved the whole wheat linguine with this as it stood up very well. For photo tag.
This was pretty good!