Recipe by AZPARZYCH
An easy vegetarian pasta meal that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. From Better Homes and Gardens
Top Review by Maito
I used half the goat cheese and thyme and skipped the butter. The combination of goat cheese, walnuts and olive oil really makes the flavor great. You could probably sub other veggies besides green beans as well, depending on what's your favorite.
- 12 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces dried linguine or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 4 ounces semi-soft goat cheese, crumbled (chevre)
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water and salt to boiling in a 4-quart Dutch oven. Add pasta; boil for 5 minutes. Add green beans. Continue boiling, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until pasta is tender but still firm. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Cook leeks and walnuts in hot olive oil and butter in the same Dutch oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until leeks are tender and walnuts are lightly toasted. Stir in drained pasta mixture and thyme; heat through.
- Transfer mixture to a serving platter. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Serve immediately.