Abby Girl's Note:
I modified this recipe to suit our needs that I got from the Bon Appetit archives years ago. This dish is beautiful and delicious enough for company, yet so flexible enough to make everyday. I have played around with it and added tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts. You can use bacon instead of the prosciutto...changed the cheese to goat cheese or parmasan cheese. The options are endless
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb spinach (coarse stems discarded, leaves washed well and spun dry)
- 1/2 lb prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (more if you need it)
- 1/4 lb gorgonzola, crumbled (more if you need it)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted until golden
- fresh basil leaf
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1In a 6-quart kettle bring 5 quarts salted water to a boil for linguine.
- 2Cut half of spinach leaves into thin strips and reserve remaining whole leaves.
- 3In a large heavy skillet cook prosciutto, garlic, basil, and oregano in the oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain in a colander. Return pasta to kettle and toss with the prosciutto mixture, cut spinach and Gorgonzola. Season pasta with salt and pepper.
- 5Arrange reserved spinach leaves on 4 plates. Mound pasta on spinach and sprinkle with pine nuts. Garnish pasta with basil leaves and serve with Parmesan.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Gorgonzola, Prosciutto, and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.1
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 492.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: