Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is for Italian Tuesday, I will be making it for dinner tonight and will let you know how it turns out.
- 226.79 g linguine or 226.79 g fettuccine
- 118.29 ml chicken broth (low sodium type)
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh basil or 2.46 ml dried basil, crushed
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow sweet peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 411.06 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp, with, tails
- 59.14 ml finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and snipped or dried basil in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook mushrooms, sweet pepper and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet about 3 minutes or until pepper is just tender.
- Add broth mixture and undrained tomatoes, cook and stir till bubbly.
- Add shrimp, cover and simmer about 2 minutes or till sauce is heated through.
- To serve, spoon shrimp mixture over pasta.
- If desired, top with cheese and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
This is an excellent pasta dinner! Sauteing the mushrooms really brought out their flavor. I didn't have stewed italian tomatoes, so I used canned diced tomatoes and added 1 t italian seasoning. This is very good! Thanks, Dorothy! As usual, a great recipe!
Excellent recipe. Was better than most restaurants I have been to. Receipe serves 4 easily. I followed receipe exactly with the exception of green sweet pepper - only used 1/2 of the pepper.
My husband and I both gave this recipe 5 stars! We felt as though we were dining in an elegant Italian restaurant. The blend of flavors with the added shrimp was absolutely scrumptious. I served the meal with Italian garlic bread and tossed green salad. Delightful, Dorothy! Another winner!!