Recipe by Derf
This is for Italian Tuesday, I will be making it for dinner tonight and will let you know how it turns out.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is an excellent pasta dinner! Sauteing the mushrooms really brought out their flavor. I didn't have stewed italian tomatoes, so I used canned diced tomatoes and added 1 t italian seasoning. This is very good! Thanks, Dorothy! As usual, a great recipe!
- 226.79 g linguine or 226.79 g fettuccine
- 118.29 ml chicken broth (low sodium type)
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh basil or 2.46 ml dried basil, crushed
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow sweet peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 411.06 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp, with, tails
- 59.14 ml finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and snipped or dried basil in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook mushrooms, sweet pepper and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet about 3 minutes or until pepper is just tender.
- Add broth mixture and undrained tomatoes, cook and stir till bubbly.
- Add shrimp, cover and simmer about 2 minutes or till sauce is heated through.
- To serve, spoon shrimp mixture over pasta.
- If desired, top with cheese and garnish with fresh basil leaves.