Recipe by Derf
This is for Italian Tuesday, I will be making it for dinner tonight and will let you know how it turns out.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is an excellent pasta dinner! Sauteing the mushrooms really brought out their flavor. I didn't have stewed italian tomatoes, so I used canned diced tomatoes and added 1 t italian seasoning. This is very good! Thanks, Dorothy! As usual, a great recipe!
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (low sodium type)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow sweet peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, with, tails
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and snipped or dried basil in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook mushrooms, sweet pepper and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet about 3 minutes or until pepper is just tender.
- Add broth mixture and undrained tomatoes, cook and stir till bubbly.
- Add shrimp, cover and simmer about 2 minutes or till sauce is heated through.
- To serve, spoon shrimp mixture over pasta.
- If desired, top with cheese and garnish with fresh basil leaves.