Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 365 Delicious Low-Fat Recipes.
- 1 lb fresh tomato, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces spinach linguine
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan filled with boiling salted water, cook linguine. Drain.
- Toss pasta with tomato mixture and serve.
I modified this dish with almond cheese (vegan). It was okay, but it seems like something was missing to tie everything together.