Recipe by Chabear01
This is an adopted recipe. Will make any revisions if needed when I make this up. Great easy no cook pasta sauce for the summer when tomatoes are at their peak
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
A simple dish that is wonderfully fresh tasting and bursting with flavor. I used vine-ripened tomatoes and omitted the parsley, so I upped the basil. I didn't need to add the cooking water because there was plenty of liquid in the sauce.
- 1 lb beefsteak tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled capers, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 anchovy fillets, patted dry and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb dried linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together all ingredients except linguine in a large bowl.
- Cook linguine.
- Reserving 1 cup cooking water and drain linguine in a colander.
- Add hot linguine and 1/3 cup pasta cooking water to sauce and toss to coat, adding more water if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper.