Recipe by Hungry Chefs
This is a simple, yet delicious, pasta dish. The pinolas, or pine nuts, along with the rosemary, basil, and thyme, give the dish a soft, herbal flavor. Delicious!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch, cubes
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or 3 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, warm the oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, bell peppers, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the basil, pine nuts, thyme, and rosemary.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the flavors are blended.
- Stir in the broth, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, or
- until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.