Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very simple recipe. This smells so good cooking. And tastes just as good as it smells. I found this gem online while trying to figure out what to do with fresh eggplant from the garden.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, cook linguine according to package directions and drain.
- Put linguine in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the eggplant for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Saute for about 5 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, and linguine and toss gently until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
BarbryT... I want to make this dish but read your review and you gave it only 3 stars. I was puzzled with the 3 stars because you said you liked the dish and the presentation. did I miss something? Help
I enjoyed this dish. Probably because I used a very fruity olive oil, that taste overwhelmed the others. I would recommend a lighter EVOO. Also, I suggest more garlic powder. (I used a large clove of fresh garlic, minced and, after tasting, still added the garlic powder.) It's a pretty presentation.