Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The yummiest white clam sauce I have ever had. Goes together in minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 (6 ounce) canschopped clams, drained,reserve juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb linguine, cooked to pkg directions
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Saute garlic and parsley over medium heat in butter and olive oil; do not brown garlic.
- Add reserved clam juices, heavy cream and wine.
- Simmer, uncovered until mixture is reduce to thin sauce consistency for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add clams and warm through.
- Add cooked linguine to pan and toss to coat.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
This was the yummiest white clam sauce I have ever had, too!! However, if you're a saucy person, there might not be enough for your tastes, you might even consider doubling the recipe. For example, I followed the recipe exactly, and it gave barely enough sauce for two people; the recipe says it's for four. This is easily fixed though, it tastes delicious, and that's what counts!
Loved it! Glad this recipe doesn't skimp on clams!
I have never really tried my hand at cooking before and not only is this recipe completely simple to follow, it doesn't take long and it is incredibly delicious! I followed it exactly and loved every bit of it!
Thank you so much, Marie! You are the reason I joined food.com!