Recipe by CharmedChef
I found this in an issue of Family Fun and it sounds delicious! I love the quick preparation time.
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons salt (for the pasta water)
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, drained and flaked (such as Chicken of the Sea Smoked Pacific Salmon)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, (tender, but with a bite). Drain
- While pasta is cooking, bring cream and minced onion to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Cream will curdle, so stir frequently.
- Stir in asparagus and salmon until heated through.
- Turn off heat and add 1/2 cup of cheese, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Toss sauce with pasta and top with remaining cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!