Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Classy enough for company or comfort food for family, this recipe is fast, easy and really good! As I always have blocks of cream cheese frozen, the rest of the ingredients can be found in the cupboard. All you need is fresh vegetables. The veggies are inter-changeable.... just change the cooking time accordingly! The leftovers are perfect for the next day!!
- 0.00-0.28 lb baby clams, undrained (or 1 400 gm)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 6 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 10 mushrooms, chopped
- 0.28 lb cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 0.83 lb linguine
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, heat water to boil and add linguine.
- While linguine is cooking, drain clams into a bowl, reserving liquid; set aside.
- In large skillet, cook onion, garlic, thyme, hot pepper flakes and 1/3 cup clam liquid over medium heat (add more clam juice if needed).
- Add vegetables and cook until tender crisp. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Just before ready to serve, add clams, and cook until just heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Add parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Note: This recipe can feed 4 - 6 people easily. If you have a bigger crowd to feed, just add more veggies, clams and cream cheese.