Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mark Bittman’s FISH cookbook comes in handy, it’s like The Joy of Cooking but just for fish. So many great ideas! Here’s one we love. We sometimes add cilantro, or basil, fennel fronds…it’s fun to play around with the flavor.
- 1 cup fruity olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup parsley, minced
- 2 lbs linguine
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Set a large pot of water to boil and salt it well.
- In a small saucepan, warm the olive oil, garlic, and pepper flakes until garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the crab, salt, pepper, and wine, and simmer until reduced slightly.
- Add half the parsley, cook for another minute, and turn off the heat.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, drain, and toss with the crab sauce.
- Top with the remaining parsley and serve immediately.