Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from our local paper and it is delicious. Make a green salad and some garlic bread and you are done.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 3⁄4 lb chopped clam, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- In large frying pan, cook the bacon over moderate heat until almost crisp.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon and pour off all but 2 tbs fat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add wine.
- Stir in bacon, tomatoes and clam juice and heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the clams, parsley, salt and red-pepper flakes and cook for one minute longer.
- In the meantime, boil the linguine until just done, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the linguine well and add to the sauce.
- Allow the linguine to sit for 2 to 3 minutes to absorb some of the liquid.
I am so glad I found this. I had to alter the recipe only because of my lack of ingredients but it was a hit! I had envelopes of clams so used some chicken broth to add liquid; i had fresh tomatoes so used them and added a little more wine for liquid; used less pepper flakes and it was absolutely wonderful. Thanks for posting such a simple recipe!
Caz this is a winner! I cut back a little on the bacon. I used turkey bacon to cut calories. I also used a can of whole clams undrained with the chopped. I added grape tomatoes cut in half instead of crushed. We really enjoyed this and will repeat.
Very Good! I made the recipe as directed using frozen chopped clams. DH loved it but I felt there was too much bacon and the 1/2" slices were too big. I will make this again with less bacon, diced. Great recipe, thanks Caz!