Nita Holleman's Note:
Very good! A stand alone dish that is quick and easy to prepare...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed,peeled,finely minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams
- 1/4 cup white wine (as Chardonney) or 1/4 cup clam juice or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 lb linguine (dry weight)
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1In a large pasta pot or Dutch oven, bring about 2 quarts boiling water to boil.
- 2Add table salt.
- 3Cook just long enough for pasta to be el dente.
- 4Consult pasta package.
- 5Drain in a colander when pasta is done.
- 6Then place over a little boiling water to keep it hot.
- 7In a heavy saute pan over low heat, melt butter.
- 8Add garlic and stir in until the garlic is soft but NOT browned about- 1 minute.
- 9Add flour and stir in well to make a roux, but DO NOT BROWN.
- 10Add wine and cook for about 1 minutes.
- 11Add clams, cover with a tightly fitting lid.
- 12Cook for a couple of minutes.
- 13Reduce heat and add cream and parsley.
- 14Continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by about one fourth.
- 15Place piping hot linguine in warm indivual serving bowls.
- 16Divide sauce over linguine.
- 17Serve with grated fresh parmesan cheese and Italiah Herbs for sprinkling as desired at the table.
- 18Serve with a fresh salad and garlic and butter French Bread.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine with Clams and Garlic Cream Sauce ala Nita Holleman
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.9
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 159.5 mg
- Sodium 1602.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 40.1 g