Recipe by Japanese Delight
Recipe Courtesy Michael Chiarello 2007 I had posted the recipe for the bagna cauda butter. Guessed on the cooking time...
- 340.19 g dried linguine
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1814.36 g clams, scrubbed
- 354.88 ml dry white wine
- 118.32 ml bagna cauda butter, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the clams: Heat a large pot over high heat. When very hot, add the olive oil, then add the clams. When the first clams start to open, add the wine and bring to a boil. Boil for a couple of minutes to drive off the alcohol, then cover and cook until the clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any clams that fail to open.
- Drain the pasta when it is 1 minute shy of al dente and transfer it to the pot with the clams. Cook over moderate heat for about 1 minute so the pasta absorbs some of the sauce. Off the heat, add the butter and parsley and toss until the butter melts. Divide among warmed bowls and serve immediately.