Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
quick easy, and CHEAP! Dinner for 6 for about $5.00.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams (drained, reserve liquid)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lb cooked linguine
- Heat oil in skillet over menium heat.
- Add onion and chopped garlic and cook till the onion is tender.
- Add clam juice to skillet and add all the seasonings.
- Simmer over low for 5 minutes.
- When pasta is ready, add clams, and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over drained pasta, toss together.
I love Linguini with Clam sauce but with tight budgets these days paying $14 for one person makes it just an occasional treat..... Until now! This is definitely a restaurant quality recipe and the only change I made was to double the olive oil and spices (but not the clams) as we like ours pretty saucy. With this recipe and Chef #369715 's Gooey Mozzarella-Garlic Bread we had a great meal for under $10 and in less than 30 minutes.
This was quick and tasty! Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe, it has gone into my cookbook for future use. :-)
i made this for dinner tonight, and it was great! the only changes i made, were i used half the pasta, and added 1 ts of cornstarch mixed with a ladle of pasta water to thicken it up a bit, next time i will add a little more cornstarch. thanks so much for posting!