Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
quick easy, and CHEAP! Dinner for 6 for about $5.00.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams (drained, reserve liquid)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lb cooked linguine
- Heat oil in skillet over menium heat.
- Add onion and chopped garlic and cook till the onion is tender.
- Add clam juice to skillet and add all the seasonings.
- Simmer over low for 5 minutes.
- When pasta is ready, add clams, and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over drained pasta, toss together.
I love Linguini with Clam sauce but with tight budgets these days paying $14 for one person makes it just an occasional treat..... Until now! This is definitely a restaurant quality recipe and the only change I made was to double the olive oil and spices (but not the clams) as we like ours pretty saucy. With this recipe and Chef #369715 's Gooey Mozzarella-Garlic Bread we had a great meal for under $10 and in less than 30 minutes.
i made this for dinner tonight, and it was great! the only changes i made, were i used half the pasta, and added 1 ts of cornstarch mixed with a ladle of pasta water to thicken it up a bit, next time i will add a little more cornstarch. thanks so much for posting!
I hate giving bad reviews, but since I trust other people to do it for me... I made this exactly as written, and even though it sounded delicious, I ended up tossing most of it out after making myself eat 9 or 10 bites (it was what I had available for dinner whether I liked it or not). Even though it's full of onions and garlic and herbs and spices and clams, it's was pretty flavorless. I'm sorry, but it just didn't taste good to me. :-(