Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple, quick and delicious pantry recipe. The sauce itself only takes minutes to make (most of the time spent comes from bringing the water to a boil) You can boost the clam flavor with additional clam juice. Have plenty of Parmesan on the table for people to add their own.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 large garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 dash black pepper
- Bring water to a boil.
- Heat oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper flake, and Parmesan to warm (but not toast).
- Add wine and reduce until alcohol smell goes away (Once you have added the wine for the sauce, add the pasta to the boiling water).
- Add clam juice.
- Reduce heat to low. Once pasta is cooked and drained, add clams, parsley, and black pepper to sauce to warm for a minute.
- Ladle sauce on pasta and serve with Parmesan.