Recipe by junk
Simple, quick and delicious pantry recipe. The sauce itself only takes minutes to make (most of the time spent comes from bringing the water to a boil) You can boost the clam flavor with additional clam juice. Have plenty of Parmesan on the table for people to add their own.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 large garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Heat oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper flake, and Parmesan to warm (but not toast).
- Add wine and reduce until alcohol smell goes away (Once you have added the wine for the sauce, add the pasta to the boiling water).
- Add clam juice.
- Reduce heat to low. Once pasta is cooked and drained, add clams, parsley, and black pepper to sauce to warm for a minute.
- Ladle sauce on pasta and serve with Parmesan.